SPRING FLOWER SHOW
to be held in CE PRIMARY SCHOOL at 2.30 p.m. on
SATURDAY 26th MARCH
Prize-giving at 3.30 p.m.
Completed Entry Forms to the Village Shop or by email to email@example.com by 6pm on Thursday 24th March.
PLEASE NOTE: See Image for more details
Trumpet Narcissi (Class 1 & 4): Trumpet/Corona as long or longer than petals.
Large Cup Narcissi (Class 2 & 5): Cup or Corona more than one-third but less than equal to the length of the petals.
Small Cup Narcissi (Class 3 & 6): Cup or Corona not more than one-third length of the petals.
Members with smaller gardens have a restricted choice of flowers and Classes 1, 2 & 3 are intended to encourage their participation. Members are asked to use their discretion, and if able to enter Classes 4, 5 & 6 not to enter Classes 1, 2 & 3.
FLOWERS – Narcissi look more attractive if displayed with 2 or 3 leaves
- 1 Trumpet Narcissus (Daffodil)
- 1 Large Cup Narcissus (Daffodil)
- 1 Small Cup Narcissus (Daffodil)
- 3 Trumpet Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties
- 3 Large Cup Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties
- 3 Small Cup Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties
- 3 Multi-flowered Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties
- 3 Double Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties
- 3 Miniature Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties (max size 2”/5cm bloom)
- 3 Any Other Narcissi (Daffodil), one or more varieties
- 3 Tulips, one or more varieties
- 3 stems any other Outdoor Spring Flower, Bulb/Corms/Rhizomes only, not Daffodil/Tulip
- 3 Blooms Hellebores one or more varieties in container supplied. (buds removed)
- 3 stems any other Outdoor Spring Flower, neither Bulbs, Corms nor Shrubs
- 5 stems Polyanthus. Outdoor grown, one variety or mixed colours – Own Vase
- 10 Stems of cultivated Primroses, one variety or mixed colours – Own Vase
- One Camellia (Single or Double), container supplied
- 3 stems outdoor Flowering Shrub or Tree (of one variety) in Own jam jar
- Clematis, one single bloom / spray – one stem
- A Collection of Spring Flowers (not shrubs or narcissi /daffodils) from your Garden in Own jam jar – judged both on quality of blooms and number of specimens
- A Collection of Narcissi (Daffodil) in Own jam jar – judged both on quality of blooms and number of specimens
- A Cactus or Succulent in pot not exceeding 15cm/6″ diameter, (See Rule 15 on page 5)
- A pot of Narcissi (daffodils) grown from bulbs bought at the previous Autumn show
- Newcomers Class One bloom any Spring garden flower. Especially for first time Spring Show exhibitor. Winner will be awarded Worshipful Company of Gardeners Novice Award.
FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS (Materials need not be grown by the Exhibitor)
25. An Exhibit of Spring Garden Flowers and Foliage in own container, space allowed 45cm x 45cm x 45cm
26. An Exhibit in an unusual container, maximumspace allowed 30cm x 30cm x 30cm
VEGETABLES – see Page 6 for notes on staging
27. 3 spears Sprouting Broccoli in Own jam jar
28. 3 Leeks (tops to be cut to a point and tied)
29. Any other Vegetable (see P 8 and 9 for quantities) – maximum of 2 entries per exhibitor allowed – See Show Rule 10 on P.5
30. 3 sticks Rhubarb
Tops of root veg. should be trimmed and tied, preferably with raffia, otherwise with natural coloured string
COOKERY (special covers are provided for all classes except class 32, 33 and 36)
31. 4 wedges of Shortbread – recipe provided
32. Jar of Chutney, any variety – no named commercial lids and no wax covers
with screw lids
33. Jar of Marmalade, any variety – no named commercial lids and no wax covers
with screw lids
34. A Celebration Cake – own recipe
35. 4 Cheese Scones – own recipe
36. CHILDREN’S COOKERY CLASS – 4 Fairy Cakes decorated with Disney characters.
Please cover entries with cling film. Child’s own work with minimal adult help. Entries from children at other schools are welcome. To be judged in school year age groups. Please mark your entries clearly with your name, class and age.
PHOTOGRAPHY – maximum overall size 9” x 7”/23cm x 18cm (including any border or margin)
37. Something on Wheels
38. YOUNG PERSON’S PHOTOGRAPHY (16 years and under) – Something on Wheels
CHILDREN (11 years and under)
39. A model of your favourite person, any materials
40 A mixture of Spring Garden Flowers in a jam jar
Child’s own work with minimal adult help. Entries from children at other schools are welcome. To be judged in school year age groups. Please mark your entries clearly with your name, class and age.
ENTRIES MUST BE STAGED BY 10.30AM.
JUDGING WILL COMMENCE AT 10.30AM SHARP
|DON’T FORGET TO COLLECT YOUR SEED POTATO TO BE GROWN IN A BUCKET FOR THE COMPETITION AT THE AUTUMN SHOW|
SPECIAL AWARDS (Please refer to Rules 14 & 15)
THE LADY NICOLSON CHALLENGE CUP
For the most points in Classes 1 – 19
Holder: Mrs B Bancroft (2019)
THE DAVID MARWIN TROPHY
For the best entry in Classes 1- 19
Holder: Ms L Bancroft (2019)
NOVICES’ AWARD – Awarded by the Worshipful Company of Gardeners
For the best entry in Newcomers Class 24, for first time Spring Show exhibitor.
Holder: Not awarded
For the best entry in Classes 27 – 30
Holder: Mrs B Craig (2019)
JAN AGAR AWARD
For the best entry in Classes 31 – 35
Holder: Mrs C Crabtree (2019)
SISSINGHURST OAST TROPHY
For the most points in Classes 25 and 26
Holder: Mrs E Denham (2019)
DENIS HEMSTED YOUTH CUP
For the best entry in Class 38
Holder: New award this year
PERCY FOREMAN TROPHY
For the best entry in the Sissinghurst School Section, Key Stage 2
Holder: Sam S (2019)
QUEEN MOTHER TROPHY
For the best entry in the Sissinghurst School Section, Key Stage 1
Holder: Florence A (2019)
For the best entry in the Children’s Classes
Holder: Zoe C (2019)
DENIS HEMSTED LEARNING TREE SHIELD:
For the best entry by Learning Tree pupils
Holder: Charlotte C-R (2019)